Monday 30 May 2011

Chipperfield Birding

I left the house around 9:00, and cycled into Chipperfield via the adjacent fields, whilst passing through some pea fields outside Chipperfield I saw a distant yellow bird.  After taking out my bins and properly IDing it as a Yellow Wagtail I was soon on to another.  Both were singing their repetitive one syllable "tsree tsree tsree".  Below are photos of individuals from the 2♂ Yellow Wagtails in the same field, after I found them at 9:30 they were both still present onwards from 11:40, however they were not very tolerant  of  each other and occasional song flights were interrupted with chases around the field, as a result I didn't manage to get photos with both birds in.  Other birds of note were several singing Skylarks, 3 flyover Swallows and 1♂ Yellowhammer (around Bucks Hill) .


male Yellow Wagtail singing from the pea field






No comments:

Post a Comment