Tuesday 11 October 2011

A couple of recent sightings

I had my first Siskin sighting of the autumn on Thursday 6th October flying + calling over the entrance to Cassio. Park at Shepherds Drive at 8:15am followed by a flock of 10+ Siskin also over Cassiobury Park this morning heading ESE towards the town centre.  In addition, Ring-necked Parakeets are still showing, or at least being heard on most of my walks through the park in the morning and occasionally on the return.  At the WGSB I noted a Grey Wagtail feeding on top of the flat roof of the games building, seen from the science block.  Pied Wagtails are also in good numbers on Kings Langley Common and 1 Green Woodpecker was also present this morning as was another Green Woodpecker in Cassio. Park that I accidentally flushed on my way back from school this afternoon.  2 Goldcrests were at the top of the KL Woods and Goldfinches are also now beginning to return to the garden in larger numbers as I noted at least 12+ in the ash tree in the back garden this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment