Thursday 29 March 2012

Cassiobury Park (26th March)

I had the usual spare hour off on Monday afternoon and spent it wandering around the western section of the park.
  • cloud 0/3
  • wind 1/3
  • temp. 2/3
The weather was getting progressively warmer so there was little chance of something new arriving, instead I contented myself with the sight of a flyover Buzzard and Red Kite over the nature reserve.  Also in the same area were 4 singing Chiffchaffs, 3 Nuthatches and 50+ Jackdaws circling in the sky and focusing their attention on mobbing the Buzzard.  Further birds of note included 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker, 1 Jay and a pair of Pheasants in the grassy area near the hide.  The terrapin species was once again sunning itself on the log in the pond and I saw my first Brimstone of the year fly over the Gade River.

No comments:

Post a Comment