Thursday 21 June 2012

Nothing better than a Little dip after a long day of exams! (13th June)

The breaking news of a Little Bittern at Stockers Lake could not have come at a worse time.  I was in the middle of the preparation for my exams and had no less than three in one day the following day so I had no choice but to sit through the exams before twitching the bird.  When my exams had finished for the day, I ran down to the reserve to try my luck.  Unfortunately, despite having showed all day, on my arrival there was no sign of the bird.  Infact it wasn't seen for the rest of the evening (albeit 1 brief probable glimpse some people caught of the bird as it was in flight).  The only bird of note for me was a SEDGE WARBLER (still a year tick for me, just shows how little I have been able to get out this spring due to "revision").

 
a large nursery of Canada Geese accompanied by adults heading down the one way path towards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment