Tuesday 17 July 2012

Art, Music and Wildlife (15th July)

Despite only being outside for brief periods of time I still managed to see a surprising amount of wildlife.  First of the day were 2 Bullfinches in a garden along Love Lane, secondly, on my way to a concert were I was to be playing my cello, we saw a total of 3+ Red Kites and a Hobby flew over the road, even cruising alongside us effortlessly as we drove along at 40mph.  Penn House, the location for the concert is set in some amazing ornamental gardens, almost like a private park.  I think I have seen Spotted Flycatchers here before, but on Sundays visit I only hear what was probably a Spotted Flycatcher.  However, 5 Siskin did fly over and 1 Meadow Brown was feeding on the lavender.  On our return, we were driving down one of the country lanes and came across a piece of street art very similar to the works of "Invader" (see Exit Through The Gift Shop, an excelent documentary on Street Art).

No comments:

Post a Comment