Monday 5 November 2012

First Waxwing dip! (5th November)

I've never really bothered twitching Waxwing before as I saw plenty of them in the 2010/11 winter but was rather missing them after a long gap of over a year so I decide to go and twitch the relatively easy-to-connect-with birds only a few miles from the campus at Mylor Churchtown.  It still required a tiring bike ride but I arrived around midday and had a wander around the churchyard.  Unfortunately there was no sign of them from the beginning and despite their obvious absence I still remained for a few hours aimlessly ambling around the churchyard a little disappointed and surprised to say the least with my first Waxwing dip! Only after a few hours did the first good bird pop out, a single Firecrest Regulus ignicapillus making brief appearances from the yew trees.  1 Raven Corvus corax was the only other bird of note.

No comments:

Post a Comment