Wednesday 28 November 2012

Red-necks (28th November)

Despite Wednesday being my usual day off, I had two appointments that had me kept in uni until 4pm so it was only after this that I managed to rush down to Gylly beach in hope of the Red-necks before hoping moving on to the Dusky.  I arrived at Gylly fairly quickly but the light was already dwindling fast and I only managed a short period of descent scope views of a Great Northern Diver Gavia immer close in the bay before I found the 2 RED-NECKED GREBES Podiceps grisegena that I was here for.  They were much more distant but the distinguishable features were still adequately visible for a few minutes before it simply became too dark to see anything, so I resorted to staring at the GN Diver again bobbing around on the water in the reflection of the town-lights,  a nice way to end the evening.

I never managed to get to Swanvale to check for the Dusky as it was simply too dark so it'll have to wait till Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment