Friday 30 November 2012

Waxwing at last (30th November)

This afternoon I eventually took the opportunity to go and visit the Waxwing in Falmouth.  I arrived after about 2:45 and hadn't even got off my bike at Marlborough Crescent before I set eyes on WAXWING!!!  5 WAXWING Bombycilla garrulus in total to be precise.  They performed amazingly, perched on the overhead wires and TV aerials before making quick visits to the berry bushes below them.  As well as allowing amazingly close views they also made it to my year and Cornwall list!  With a little light left in the day, I went on to check out for the Dusky again.  No sign unfortunately,  although I bumped into Greg again and enjoyed good views of a Firecrest Regulus ignicapillus along with several Chiffchaffs Phylloscopus collybita.  A Robin Erithacus rubecula gave me some aggression as it attempted to collide with my face in retaliation against the little bit of red T-shirt that was stuck out above my collar.

Waxwing! quality winter visitors




Once again another dip on the Dusky, it seems it'll just have to require patience.  A lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment