Monday 8 July 2013

Cornwall, but only briefly (6th July)

A quick nip down to Cornwall this weekend to move my stuff into my new house and after cleaning the entire place the weekend was free for birding!

Together with my Mum, we headed for the north coast and took the coastal footpath up to St Agnes Head.  Once again butterflies outnumbered birds and I was particularly pleased when I bumped into at least 5+ GREEN HAIRSTREAKS along the footpath, a totally unexpected lifer!

Green Hairstreak!



A Peregrine also shot past along the cliff line followed by 3 Ravens.  The calm weather was obviously not appropriate for sea-watching but a couple Kittiwakes lingering offshore along with some diving Razorbills was a promising sight following their recent local decline due to the oil spill earlier this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment