Monday 5 January 2015

New Years Eve in Kent (31st December)

My family and I decided on spending the last day of 2014 in Kent so as well as touring around the countryside reminiscing of the past houses and schools we'd lived in and attended when we were kids my brother and I had the opportunity to check out the nearby Great Grey Shrike at Chilham.  Whilst watching the shrike, I picked up a pale gull appear over the top of the trees, flying straight towards us, a flurry of excitement came over, it was a juv Glaucous Gull!

Great Grey Shrike

Chilham, the Great Grey Shrike site

We also squeezed in a brief visit to my old patch which I used to watch when I was 7-8 years old.  This brought back fond memories of scrambling through hedges with some small prism binoculars to scan over the local farmers field where I was fortunate enough to see Kestrels!  14 years on and here is that same field.

Bowerland Farm, Pilgrims Lane, Chilham

Sunset at Reculver

No comments:

Post a Comment